Monday, May 9, 2016

Apple’s HomeKit & the Connected Home

homekitappI think the connected (aka digital) home is a massively, massively big space that we’re going to see a ton of innovation in over the next few years.

My sense is connected home will end up merging with the history of the home opportunity I’ve been thinking about for 10 years (see prior writing here).

I’ll be honest that I don’t know the digital home players extremely well, but it goes without saying Apple has their sights on it with HomeKit.

There are rumors iOS 10 is going to come with Homekit baked in, which immediately makes them a front runner to control that experience given their massive distribution.

If you’re a founder working on a startup in this area, I’d love to talk sometime.

The post Apple’s HomeKit & the Connected Home appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from GeekEstate Blog http://ift.tt/1Wk631d

No comments:

Post a Comment