Monday, December 5, 2016

Meet the Founders: Sarang Ratanjee and Matt Schneider from Boulevard

In our latest real estate tech interview, I’m talking to Sarang Ratanjee and Matt Schneider from Boulevard, a company based in the Bay area.

boulevard-blue

What do you do?

Sarang-PhotoSarang: I’m a co-founder of Boulevard, where my primary focus is leading our business and marketing efforts along with our Android mobile application development. We’re a mobile-first company, focused on enabling every realtor to have a simple & intelligent assistant by their side via our mobile app.

Matt: I’m the other co-founder at Boulevard. Boulevard is a simple & intelligent mobile-first collaboration platform for Realtors. I primarily focus on the product and engineering side, which involves a lot of collaborating, designing, and writing code.

Why do you do what you do?

Sarang: Back in 2012 I purchased a home in Oakland and felt the process was extremely arduous and ripe for change. Fast forward to a few years ago, I became realtor with Keller Williams and quickly discovered the lack of truly mobile-first tools available for us realtors. Combining this growing passion for real estate with my mobile development experience I teamed with up with my talented and technical co-founder, Matt, to form Boulevard.

matt-schneider-photo-medMatt: Investing is an immense interest of mine, so searching for properties and staying up-to-date on market trends has been a natural hobby. The spark which ignited my passion for building software started in the 6th grade when I taught myself how to build websites. That interest eventually grew into a career and led me to where I am today. My ambition is deeply-rooted in solving problems and simplifying life’s tasks by building apps that have elegant user-interfaces and experiences.

What are you most excited about right now?

Sarang: I’m excited about expanding Boulevard into new MLS’s. Outreach to new markets, new realtor onboarding to Boulevard, and translating user feedback into simple, new mobile features are what get me going.

Matt: Growth! We’re working on a new product to our offering that we’re both very excited about. Stay tuned.

What’s next for you?

Sarang: We’ve received great feedback from users in our beta program within Arizona and are slowly beginning to expand to more markets throughout California. Additionally, we’ve got a new offering in the works for brokerages and teams as well to help them run their day to day reporting and operations.

Matt: Expanding outside of Arizona, where our beta took place.

What’s a cause you’re passionate about and why?

Sarang: Over the past few years I’ve witnessed our homeless population grow in the bay area very significantly. From a recent research study I took part in, I was shocked to learn that families comprised 43% of the homeless population within Alameda County, over half of which resides in Oakland. Spending time and hearing the stories of these individuals about what types of solutions they’d like to see come about through the city is another more recent growing passion of mine.

Matt: The environment. In the past 50 years alone, the population on earth has grown more than it did in the previous 4 million years. Our natural resources are depleting and waste is ever growing, so we must universally work toward a sustainable future.

Are you a founder and interested in sharing your story? Email me at drew@horizonapp.co

The post Meet the Founders: Sarang Ratanjee and Matt Schneider from Boulevard appeared first on GeekEstate Blog.



from GeekEstate Blog http://ift.tt/2gUylOx

No comments:

Post a Comment