Monday, December 5, 2016

Under Armour to become MLB uniform provider in 2020

under-armour-logo

Because I’m Autistic about the appearance of baseball uniforms, and I am the worst baseball purist/traditionalist/grumpy old man on the earth, this news is *really* bothering me today.

The evil empire Under Armour will take over as the official uniform provider for baseball in 2020.

It’s a ten-year pact. They’re replacing the nice, conservative folks to run the wonderful company Majestic who holds the current contract. They just quietly stay in the background and produce nice, clean uniforms. Notice I said clean.

Baseball got Under Armour to double the offering by of course selling out like the whores they are. This was just about money, and the most damning part of the agreement is they’re going to take the ad-free uniforms that we’re all used to you know; forever, and they’re going to put the big ugly ‘UA’ on the right front of every uniform. If you want to know what it looks like – how horrid it looks – just google NCAA baseball uniforms and Under Armour. You’ll see it. It’s distracting.

Plus I’m getting old and the older I get, the more I hate change of any type. Really hate this, and the corporate shill intruding on my wonderful, clean game. I guess I can get over it and get used to it. This is just the first step of full-fledged ads.

Anyone can be bought at the right price. This sucks balls.



from Diamond Hoggers http://ift.tt/2h0g59H

No comments:

Post a Comment